AWHONN’s initiatives rely heavily upon volunteers and we cannot succeed without them. We know your time is important and your participation is appreciated. There are often opportunities available for members to get involved at the Section (state) and Chapter (local) levels. Some opportunities are short-term and some are long-term leadership positions that help develop the strategic direction of AWHONN and the profession.
Giving back to the profession through volunteerism can be extremely rewarding and helps to develop skills and relationships that can be beneficial throughout your career. Other benefits include:
- Strengthen your leadership skills as you share experiences, challenges and successes with new professional contacts, mentors and friends
- Develop relationships with other nursing professionals who share your commitment to your community
- Meet local nursing associates at your chapter meetings and events
- Volunteer for leadership opportunities locally
- Be recognized as a leader in the community
Contact us for possible volunteer opportunities. Getting involved at the local level is one of the best ways to get more out of your membership, to learn more about AWHONN and help advance its mission.