2018 Oregon AWHONNFall Conference
- Keynote Speakers
- Sunday, September 30
- Monday, October 1
- Tuesday, October 2
- NCC Codes
- Handouts - Link to be sent September 10
Oregon AWHONN Fall Conference Call for Posters
The 2018 Oregon AWHONN Fall Conference Program Committee is seeking poster presentations for the annual fall conference to be held September 30 - October 2, 2018 at Salishan Spa and Golf Resort in Gleneden Beach, Oregon.
Oregon AWHONN invites all staff nurses, students, and researchers who have implemented a best practice idea, found an innovative solution to a clinical problem, or conducted a research study, to create a poster about a research or quality improvement project that is either in process or finished within the last year. We welcome anyone, including students that you my be mentoring, to make their first attempt at a poster presentation in our supportive conference environment. If you need more information about doing poster presentations, please consult the following websites:
AWHONN is the leading professional association for nurses who specialize in the care of women and newborns. Our members include neonatal nurses; women's health nurses; lactation consultants; OB-GYN, labor and delivery, and postpartum nurses; nurse researchers, educators, executives, and managers; childbirth educators; clinical nurse specialists; nurse practitioners; and nurse-midwives.
Our state conference draws over 200 attendees each year, several of whom hold advanced degrees. Displaying your poster at AWHONN ensures your practice ideas, research, case studies, or innovative programs will be viewed by a highly-skilled and influential body of nurses.
The theme of the 2018 Oregon AWHONN Annual Fall Conference is "Oceans of Knowledge and Inspiration." Conference objectives are to:
- Recognize personal strengths to be a leader in a dynamic healthcare environment.
- Implement evidence-based solutions in all practice settings.
- Develop professional strategies to improve outcomes for women, newborns, and nursing.
Poster and/or Presentation Guidelines
- Information included should relate to women’s health, obstetric and/or neonatal nursing practice, education, or administration.
- Topics should complement the 2018 conference goals/objectives.
- All applicants will be informed about poster and/or presentation acceptance 3 weeks following receipt of application.
- Accepted applicants will be required to be available to answer questions about their poster and/or presentation during scheduled breaks throughout the conference (Monday and Tuesday) and at the Vendor Fair (Monday).
- (Optional) Accepted applicants may give a 5-minute oral presentation that summarizes the highlights/main points of your poster topic. Oral presentations will take place on Monday, October 1, 2018 from 10:50 AM to 11:00 AM.
- Poster applications are due by August 31, 2018.
- Ensure your poster is free of commercial bias.
- AWHONN seeks to ensure that all educational programming is free of commercial bias and under no circumstances should the poster displayed include promotion of a product or service.
- Posters should be no larger than 46.5 inches high and 93.75 inches wide.
- Electrical outlets will not be available.
- Poster set up begins Sunday, September 30 from 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM.
- Posters will be displayed starting all day Monday, October 1 through Tuesday mid-morning, October 2, 2018.
- Poster presenters will be responsible for:
- Items needed to display poster (easel, tape, clips, etc.).
- Travel and all expenses related to poster presentation.
- Removing posters at the end of the conference.
- If you have any questions, please contact one of the following Committee members by phone or email at: