Oregon AWHONN supports the National AWHONN Mission Statement
Join us in promoting the mission, vision and goals of AWHONN to achieve excellence in nursing practice as we work to improve the health and well-being of women and newborns.
AWHONN Mission, Vision and Values
Oregon AWHONN commits to the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the National Organization as
Our mission is to improve and promote the health of women and newborns and to strengthen the nursing profession through the delivery of superior advocacy, research, education and other professional and clinical resources to nurses and other health care professionals.
AWHONN will be essential to the health of women and newborns. AWHONN will be recognized for its commitment to promoting the health of women and newborns. AWHONN will be a culturally and ethnically diverse nursing association that is an integral part of an international network delivering innovative, evidence-based, and affordable quality programs, products and services with interested world partners.
Professionals and consumers will consider AWHONN the leading nursing authority, advocate and source for the latest in nursing research trends and nursing care related to the health of women and newborns. AWHONN will be one of the most influential health care organizations in the public policy arena.
Core Purpose: AWHONN is an organization of nurses committed to the health of women and newborns.
Core Values (as expressed in the acronym "CARING")
- Commitment to professional and social responsibility
- Accountability for personal and professional contributions
- Respect for diversity of and among colleagues and clients
- Integrity in exemplifying the highest standards in personal and professional behavior
- Nursing Excellence for quality outcomes in practice, education, research, advocacy and management
- Generation of Knowledge to enhance the science and practice of nursing to improve the health of women and newborns